Sunday, October 17, 2010

Congratulations, Ellen and Adam

Saturday marked my second and final opportunity to be the Father of the Bride. Ellen and Adam tied the knot in a beautiful Mass at Resurrection Church.

The reception at Loras College, largely planned by Ellen (and Adam), was a great time. (Early in the evening, there was a medical situation involving one of Adam's relatives, but that turned out well, too.) Through it all, my role was to write checks and stay out of the way.

IMHO, they are an intelligent, mature couple. They have their feet on the ground. The only deficiency in my new son-in-law is that he is a Packers fan. However, he is also a Cubs fan -- thus I gave my consent to the nuptials.

(Photo credit: Cousin Jamie)

1 comment:

Tom said...

Thanks for writing out the checks - we had a great time.

Tom and Marcy