Sunday, April 04, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?


The rumors are true: I am participating in the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce's first Dancing with the Stars -- Dubuque Style.

On May 22, about 10 "celebrities" will dance with professional instructors (or their top students) in a charity event. Folks may "vote" for a contestant by donating money toward his or her selected charity. (My choice is Riverview Center.)

Being a contestant doesn't mean I can dance. Madame X and I took lessons about 20 years ago, but most of that is forgotten. I'm essentially starting from scratch.

Fortunately for me, my instructor is Jennifer Mulcahey, of Ballroom by Jennifer in Dubuque. She and her crew are donating their services toward this charitable event. I've had two lessons, and I'll just say that Jennifer is a very patient instructor.

Don't look for moves like those you see on the TV version of this event. I'm just hoping not to injure anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Break a Leg tonight!
~ Nancy