Sunday, November 29, 2009

5 miles of tunes

I logged a 5-mile run this morning. That's not saying much, I know, but it was only my second run of that distance this injury-filled year. (The previous occasion was Feb. 1.)

Anyway, the run felt pretty good, and I enjoyed a variety of songs on my MP3 player along the way. The control dial on my player is out of control, so I am effectively limited to "play all" and shuffle. Here is how today's mix came out:
  1. #9 Dream – John Lennon (always plays first)
  2. Medley: Splish Splash/Beyond the Sea/Artificial Flowers/Clementine – Bobby Darin
  3. Shape of Things – Max Frost
  4. I’m Not Guilty – C.J. Chenier
  5. Rhythm of the Rain – The Cascades
  6. Stand by Me – John Lennon
  7. Up the Ladder to the Roof – The Supremes
  8. Michelle – The Beatles
  9. The Times Are A-Changin’ – Bob Dylan (Unplugged)
  10. Be-Bop-A-Lula – Gene Vincent (pictured)
  11. Way Over There – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
  12. Ooby Dooby – Roy Orbison
  13. Savoy Truffle – The Beatles
  14. Louie, Louie – The Kingsmen
  15. Words (Between the Lines) – Neil Young

No comments: