Monday, April 27, 2009

On the fast track


In late January, when I submitted the manuscript for my biography of Ray Schalk, I hoped that my publisher, McFarland & Co., would have a finished product released in the fall -- in time for holiday sales. McFarland says it usually takes 9-15 months from receipt of manuscript.

Those hopes will be exceeded.

Over the weekend, McFarland informed me that I can anticipate a summer release -- anywhere from June to September -- with a firmer date pending. Apparently the manuscript was reasonably clean, so copy editors got through it in pretty good order.

Still, in pre-preparing an index, I found some typos/errors that I will need to fix during the page-proof stage.

In any case, I'm thrilled that there will be a book by the fall season.,

No comments: