Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mini-bio of Schalk online

A chapter-length biography of Ray Schalk, the subject of my next book, has been posted on the Society for American Baseball Research's Baseball Biography Project site.

Here is the link to the article.

The author, Brian Stevens, originally wrote the piece a few years ago for the SABR book, Deadball Stars of the American League. I proceeded with my idea for a full-length Schalk book only after confirming that Stevens did not have similar plans. (No need for two books on the subject!) In fact, he was kind enough to send me all his notes and newspaper clips used in his research. A resident of the Northeast, Stevens visits the National Baseball Hall of Fame annually and before each trip has asked me if there is additional information he can look up on my behalf. That has been a nice assist in my efforts.

Stevens did a solid job with his article. Check it out.

No comments: