Saturday, August 25, 2007

Trial separation

It was a conversation I had been avoiding. But on Friday, I summoned my courage and went through with it.

I notified an affected party of my recent decision to continue a trial separation.
Though this separation will impact our relationship, the news was taken with class and dignity. Others in that position might not have done so.

Folks who have seen me the past few weeks have noticed something different about me. And they were right. Things have changed. And thus the awkward conversation on Friday.

It was Friday when I stepped into the shop of my barber, Fred, to break the news to him.

I had taken the short haircut he provides and taken it down further. As in all the way down. As in, I shaved my head on the final day of July.

I don't know if I'll keep it that way. Thus, this trial separation: Between my hair and me, and between Fred and me. Even if I let it grow back in (in the spots not permanently vacated), it will be several weeks before I would require a haircut.

Until then, the separation continues.

2 comments:

Justin Novotney\] said...

It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided. It was a conversation I had been avoided.

Brian Cooper said...

Hey "Justin:" Thanks for your help pointing out my error in the first sentence. It's fixed now. Many people would just politely tell me there was a typo in the opening and leave it to me to figure it. But you left no doubt. I hope this won't be happened again soon.