Sunday, January 21, 2007

On the road again

Three weeks after making a couple of Chicago-area presentations about Red Faber, I will be back in Chicago to promote my biography of Faber and to promote Chicago baseball history.

This event is the White Sox FanFest, at the Palmer House. I will be helping a former high school classmate promote his major project, creating a Chicago Baseball Museum, by working a shift at the museum's booth. Meanwhile, I hope to sell a few copies of the Faber book available and make some contacts for my Ray Schalk project.

I don't have much feel for how productive this trip will be, but I'm overdue for a visit to downtown Chicago anyway.

1 comment:

erik hogstrom said...

That is great about you appearing at White Sox fan fest.
I would think that the Sox fans will be grateful for the Red Faber bio, as it doesn't sound like that are many books about past greats of the team.
Besides, White Sox fans are probably sick of being the "second team" in the Windy City, despite winning the title.